Sunday, January 30, 2011

Celebrations!

Well today is birthday celebration day for daddy.  We got up this morning and started his cake.  Yummy Black Forest Cake.  This is my first time making this one but it turned out to be a crowd favorite so I think it will make its way back. 



I went to the store to get stuff for our cookout.  It was a very warm and beautiful day.  I think it reached around 68 degrees.  Just what you two needed after being sick for so long!   You girls played with daddy and Dani and Lexi while I was gone and for a while when I got home and was preparing our food.  50/50 burgers?  I know sounds strange but something your Poppie saw on food network and fell in love.  Its 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon.  Another crowd favorite I must say.  Even you girls liked them. 

Our guests arrived around 5pm and after dinner we sang to daddy and ate the cake!  The best part for sure!  I feel like we are blessed to have celebrated with Mimi, Poppie, Grandmommy and Granddaddy.  Most of all I feel blessed to have Nana join us this year too.




No comments:

Post a Comment